Monday 4 August 2014

Holiday Season


Homies

First of all let me apologize for not posting anything for the past month. It was a full month counting the days to go on holidays, depressing with the greyish weather of Brussels but enjoying every bit of sunshine with my friends. I ended up forgetting to take pictures, that's why there were no more posts! On the 18th of July I went back to Portugal for a 2 weeks holiday: 1 week in Évora and the other week in Portimão. It was amazing to see some of my friends and actually spend some time with them without any rush! When I'm in Évora, I always like to go to one of my favourite restaurants - Natural Living - a vegetarian restaurant in Evora Hotel. It's really delicious!

•   •   

Primeiro que tudo, deixem-me pedir desculpas por não ter publicado nada no mês passado. Foi um mês inteiro a contar os dias para ir de férias, a deprimir com o tempo acinzentado de Bruxelas mas a desfrutar de cada pedaço de sol com as minhas amigas. Acabei por me esquecer de tirar fotografias, por isso é que não houve nenhum post! No dia 18 de Julho voltei para Portugal para passar 2 semanas de férias: 1 semana em Évora e a outra semana em Portimão. Foi fantástico ver alguns dos meus amigos e de facto passar algum tempo com eles, sem pressas! Quando estou em Évora, gosto sempre de ir a um dos meus restaurantes favoritos - Natural Living - um restaurante vegetariano inserido no Évora Hotel. É mesmo delicioso!



Finally I also had the chance to visit this amazing Café, called Bookshelf. I've heard about this place last December and every time I was in Évora and went there, they were closed for some reason. Fortunately I managed to go there and I was positively surprised! The space is really nice and cosy, the owner is an English man, quite fun and friendly. They have our traditional pastries, that can be combined with different types of coffee, teas or fresh juices. If you're in Évora, you should go to Rua de Machede and try this little place!

•   •   

Finalmente tive também a oportunidade de visitar este café fantástico chamado Bookshelf. Ouvi falar dele em Dezembro e de todas as vezes que estive em Évora e tentei lá ir, eles estavam fechados por algum motivo. Felizmente consegui ir lá e fiquei surpreendida pela positiva! O espaço é muito agradável e confortável, o dono é um senhor Inglês, bastante divertido e amigável. Eles têm os nossos bolos tradicionais, que podem ser combinados com diferentes tipos de cafés, chás ou sumos naturais. Se estiverem em Évora, devem ir à Rua de Machede e experimentar este sitiozinho!




Seaside

Summer is all about sunshine, days at the beach, golden sand and ice creams. My first week of holiday was spent in my hometown trying to see all my friends and have some quality time with them. So on my second week, I went with my family for a full week at the beach, in Portimão. It's been quite a long time since the last time we had holidays together and we always used to go to the beach, so I decided to convince them to spend some time in the Algarve again! That's exactly what I needed and it was really nice! We rented an apartment right in the main lively street, with all the restaurants, bars and cafes, and the beach is right in front of it. The view from our balcony was amazing, what else can you ask for? 

•   •   

O Verão tem a ver com luz do sol, dias na praia, areia dourada e gelados. A minha primeira semana de férias foi passada na minha cidade natal, tentando ver todos os meus amigos e passar tempo de qualidade com eles. Por isso na minha segunda semana, fui com a minha família passar uma semana inteira na praia, em Portimão. Já há muito tempo que não tínhamos férias juntos e antes costumávamos ir sempre para a praia, por isso decidi convencê-los a passarmos algum tempo no Algarve outra vez! Era exactamente isto que eu precisava e foi muito bom! Alugámos um apartamento mesmo na rua mais animada, com todos os restaurantes, bares e cafés, e a praia é mesmo em frente. A vista da nossa varanda era brutal, que mais se pode pedir?











Yesterday I had my flight back to Brussels and I got here on time, no delays. Now I'm back on the routine, back to work, back to my life here. Fortunately my holidays are not over, since I booked a long weekend in Málaga with my friend Vicky! I'm going on the 14th of August for a few more days of sunbathing, beach, heat and friends! I'm looking forward to it! At work, we have scheduled some work trips for this month, so I'll be going to Paris, London and Antwerp! A few more posts will come after all these trips! 

•   •   

Ontem foi o meu voo de volta para Bruxelas e cheguei mesmo a tempo, sem atrasos. Agora estou de volta à rotina, de volta ao trabalho e à minha vida aqui. Felizmente as minhas férias ainda não acabaram, já que reservei um fim-de-semana prolongado em Málaga com a minha amiga Vicky! Vou no dia 14 de Agosto para disfrutar de mais uns banhos de sol, praia, calor e amigos! Estou ansiosa! No trabalho, já programámos algumas viagens de trabalho para este mês, por isso eu irei a Paris, Londres e Antuérpia! Mais posts virão após estas viagens todas!

2 comments:

  1. <3 aguardando pelo Natal <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pareces ter aproveitado bem e que vais continuar a aproveitar ;)

    ReplyDelete